Discover the Monitor tab of the sidebar and find out how to monitor and control your =IMPORTFROMWEB( ) functions. Opened by default when activating the extension, the Monitor tab is accessible on the sidebar.
This table offers you a complete visibility over your functions, whether they are in the active sheet or in the other sheets of your spreadsheet.
You see the status of each function (Succeeded / Pending / Failed).
The Recent ? notice indicates the number of functions in success during the last hour.
The RUN button just above the table is very useful; it allows you to relaunch any of your function in error.
The Monitor tab gives useful informations about each function of your spreadsheet. Here’s how to proceed.
- Select the function of your active cell
- Select any of your functions from the drop-down menu
- Execution status: Fetched, Recent (fetched in the last hour), Failed
- Last fetched: when the data has been fetched for the last time
- Cached until: by default, your data are cached for 24 hours (this value can be updated with our Premium and High Volume plans)
- Execution: time to retrieve your data
To monitor and understand your functions, you can view the page as the function scraped it. ImportFromWeb may see something different from the page you see on your browser.
Reasons can be various: content variations depending on the locations, targeted platform testing different looks & feels or simply because the function did not load the page properly.
In case of errors, you get the reasons and tips to troubleshoot them.
By the way, you can also refer to the “Understanding errors” section of our Resource center.